Terms & Conditions
RBWH Staff Fundraising Declaration
Funds raised will be held by RBWH Foundation and are to be used on research, education or patient care initiatives for the Department/area you have noted in the registration. A commitment must be made to spend the funds by 31 December 2021. This will be facilitated by the completion of a Distribution Application Form (DAF) signed by the relevant Department Business Manager and RBWH Executive Director. This form will be provided to you shortly after Royal Giving Day. If this commitment is not made by 31 December 2021, then the funds raised will be re-directed to RBWH research, education or patient care initiatives. Funds raised for your Department/area will be doubled within the total of funds raised. The final fundraising tally will be advised after the completion of Royal Giving Day.
- You are responsible for ensuring that your event/activity is conducted in accordance with relevant charities legislation and or regulations in the State or Territory which the fundraising activity is being held, and you must obtain any permits, authorities, licences and insurances needed. This includes the conduct of raffles or prize draws. The different states have their own legislation, which you should review before committing to any fundraising event/activity. Please see list of contact details for each governing state and territory offices (to note: this list is not conclusive there may be other agency’s that you need to contact):
Office of Liquor and Gaming Regulation
Phone: 1800 064 848
Australian Capital Territory
ACT Gambling and Racing Commission
Phone: 02 6207 0361
New South Wales
Liquor and Gaming NSW
Phone: 1300 024 720
Phone: 08 8999 1800
Consumer and Business Services Phone: 131 882
Liquor and Gaming Branch representing the Tasmanian Liquor and Gaming Commission
Phone: 03 6777 2777
Victorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation
Phone: 1300 182 457
Department of Racing, Gaming and Liquor Gaming
Phone: 08 6551 4888
- You must be registered with the RBWH Foundation and have received our registration confirmation email before you start any fundraising.
- You agree that your participation in all activities associated with the RBWH Foundation is voluntary, and that you alone are responsible for your health and safety and for any personal possessions you might bring to any activities you undertake for the RBWH Foundation.
- You agree to seek medical advice before partaking in any physical activity and/or you acknowledge that you participate in chosen activities at your own risk and that you are not, to the best of your knowledge, suffering from a condition which would prevent and/or render you unfit to participate in your chosen activities. You agree to take all reasonable measures to protect yourself from the risks of participation.
- You confirm that the events and activities you undertake for the RBWH Foundation do not involve any illegal activity, violence, aggression or undue risk-taking. You are responsible for ensuring the safety of your events and activities, including the safety and security of your volunteers and personnel including, but not limited to, organising appropriate public liability insurance and providing first aid services, if required. The RBWH Foundation insurance policy does not cover events conducted by Royal Giving Day participants and/or community fundraising events supporting the RBWH Foundation and other external organisations/individuals.
- You release and indemnify the RBWH Foundation, and any parties associated with Royal Giving Day campaign and/or fundraising in support of the RBWH Foundation, from any loss or liability of any nature suffered or incurred as a result of a claim arising out of or in connection with any activity conducted by you.
- You accept sole responsibility in the organisation and management of activities, events, finances, prizes, publicity and/or goods and services required to run the event/activity.
- You are responsible to ensure that all funds raised from the public in support of the RBWH Foundation until the fundraising event/activity is completed are kept by you in a secure place and/or are remitted to the RBWH Foundation. You are further responsible to ensure that you maintain complete and accurate records of funds received and expenses incurred as part of your event/activity and that these are sent to the RBWH Foundation within seven (7) days of the fundraising event/activity taking place.
- You must not undertake any door to door, street sales or telephone based approaches for donations to be made in connection with your fundraising/event activity.
- You agree not to use the RBWH Foundation name or logo without the appropriate authority from the RBWH Foundation.
- You agree that any use or our trade marks, logos, text, images, name or any other branding must first be approved by the RBWH Foundation prior to print.
- You agree to speak to the RBWH Foundation prior to undertaking any media activity for Royal Giving Day and/or other events.
- You agree to contact and receive approval from the RBWH Foundation before approaching organisations for sponsorship or support.
- If you have any prior or current criminal convictions, you must disclose these to the RBWH Foundation before participating in Royal Giving Da. Although these will not necessarily stop you from being able to support the RBWH Foundation, they will be taken into account in agreeing to your suitability as a participant.
- The RBWH Foundation may at any time, without the need to give any reasons, withdraw your registration in Royal Giving Day or your fundraising activity by notification in writing.
- By registering online for Royal, Giving Day you are confirming that you are 18 years or over and consent to receiving marketing materials relating to the Royal Giving Day and broader RBWH Foundation communications and marketing material.
- You must ensure that any content you upload onto the site (including photographs) is not obscene, offensive, defamatory, discriminatory or racist and does not breach any law or regulation or any intellectual property rights of a third party or any right or duty owed to a third party. This means that if any of the content you upload is copyright protected, you must obtain the copyright owner’s written permission in order to use it.
- When using social media as part of Royal Giving Day, the key principles to remember are:
Be respectful: At all times, be polite and respect others online.
Be accurate: Ensure that all content is accurate and not misleading.
Be transparent: Expressly state on all postings which identify you as a fundraiser that stated views are your own and are not those of the RBWH Foundation
- You agree that when using the website and communication tools such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and other social media channels it does not include any of the following unacceptable content of communications:
Sexually explicit messages, images, jokes
Offensive messages, images, jokes
Unwelcome propositions, comments, requests
Any activity which may constitute intimidation, harassment, disparagement or bullying.